6.11.2012

Singapore 2012: Day 2 (Mint Toy Museum)

We started our day late, we had an exhausting day 1 at USS & Sentosa. Left the hotel around 10am, our itinerary was to go the MINT  Toy Museum, check out Funan Digital Mall & walk around Esplanade area. This time around, we don't have any tour guide, our cousin has to go back to work. Our parents went to the Botanical garden, we agreed that we will meet at around 3pm to go the night safari, which didn't happen by the way, reason will be revealed in my next blog post. 

Asked for directions on how to get to the Mint Museum, thank god for Maps.

Getting lost along the way









Best part of being a tourist, is getting lost. No matter how you plan & plot, somewhere along the way, you'll get lost haha :) don't be afraid to ask, seeking for directions will not make you less of a human.

Mint Toy Musuem
26 Seah Singapore

Entrance Fee: $15 SGD
Opening Hours: 9:30am to 6:00pm

For instructions on fares & how to get there check here!


According to their website, Mint - Museum of Toys is the world's first purpose-built museum for toys, MINT stands for (Moment of Imagination and Nostalgia with Toys), this 5 floor building is near the Raffles Shopping arcade & Hotel along North Bridge Rd. 

Each floor is dedicated to a specific category, you start at the top then go down each floor to see the toys :)
5th Floor: Outerspace
4th Floor: Characters

3rd floor: Childhood favourites















































When I entered this floor, I was thinking that I can donate my collection of Care Bears here! haha :) 
2nd Floor: Collectables 


I found this strawberry shortcake doll & invitation, I remembered that I saw the same invitation in my baptism photo album, I was amazed that it's part of the collectibles and my mother did a very good job in keeping memorabilia's.

Next stop: Funan Digital Mall 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You rock! Thank you for hitting the comment button!